2020 has certainly been a year of enormous change, but Domestic Basketball looks good for resumption for the new Summer season. Sadly the Winter season has been abandoned due to Covid-19. A lot of Changes have been made to the way we will register and compete in the upcoming Sumer season.
- The Winter 2020 season has been cancelled and an extended Summer 20/21 season will commence in August.
- 2. Competition for the Summer Season will commence on Saturday 8th August 2020 with 7x Rounds of Grading (includes 1st Saturday of School holidays 19/9). 18x Rounds of regular season.
- 3. Registrations will be rolled over and so the age group/age qualification dates for the Summer Season will be maintained. So, even if you were due to move up an age group this won’t happen for the Summer Season as teams had already been decided. For the Winter 21 season they will revert back to normal.
- 4. Teams will remain as previously selected unless significant player withdrawals necessitate changes.
- 5. Training times will essentially remain unchanged however training will be reduced to 40 minutes. If there is to be an amendment to your training time you will be advised.
- 6. Please complete the Summer 20/21 Registration form to confirm your place for the extended season – you have until July 7 to complete.
- 7. There is an additional charge of $170.00 for the summer season. This fee is made up of $135.00 to cover your Door Entry Fees and $35.00 to cover the additional 7 rounds of Team Sheet Fees. These fees cannot be discounted.
- 8. There has been changes to how you will enter and leave stadiums one of those being entry fees will now be collected by the clubs during the registration process. This will reduce the need to handle cash and help in reducing potential spread of COVID19. Initially it is envisaged that each player will have 1 parent or guardian at their game. As restrictions ease over time this will change to unlimited spectators.
- 9. If you do not wish to play Summer 20/21 please complete Player Withdrawal form so we may arrange a refund fees paid for Winter 2020. If you complete the form by 7th July there will be no penalty or administration charges, however if you are transferring to another club there will be a $10.00 administration fee that will be deducted from your refund. If your withdrawal is notified after teams have been reposted for Summer Season (Post July 17) normal penalties will apply as per our Fees advice on HTHEAT.COM.AU
The Changes to the way Domestic Basketball are important as without the new changes current competitions will not be able to continue.
Huntingtower Heat is a strong Club and we can take on the challenges ahead of us to make sure that our children can continue to play the great game of Basketball in a safe environment.