Payment is due at the time of registration form. Fees comprise the following:
- Registration Fee – included in the payment of Team Registration fees to MEBA. This fee contributes to the administration costs of the Association.
- Basketball Victoria yearly participant Licence fee. This 365-day Basketball Victoria licence (affiliation) covers anyone wanting to participate in a Basketball Victoria sanctioned competition, allowing a participant to play as many times as they like within 365 days across any affiliated association in Victoria. Basketball Victoria provides a base level of insurance to all registered participants of affiliated associations and clubs.
Basketball Victoria’s insurance provider is V-Insurance Group (Corporate Authorised Representative of Willis) and details regarding the level of coverage can be found via the V-Insurance Basketball website. The cost is $25 for participants under 17 years of age and $39 if the participant is 18 years of age and above.
- Team Sheet fees – provided to the Team Manager for payment each week. This fee covers venue costs, including power and cleaning, and payment of referees.
- Fees for the 20/21 Summer season will be $170. The extra charge for this summer season is made up of inbuilt admission charge and the extension of the summer season
- If payments are made after the closing of registration an additional $10 is charged per registration.
- Payment can only be made by credit card.
The Stadium entry payment is no longer, stadium entry is now part of a players registration fee. No longer do you need to find loose change for entry and this will allow friend and family members to watch at no additional charge and also pass out stamps wont be needed.
Incomplete season guidelines:
- Where the player joins a team after the beginning of the season the following applies to the registration fee:
- If grading games are completed, the registration fee is reduced by $60 off the standard rate.
- If more than half of the season has elapsed, the registration fee is reduced by $100 off the standard rate.
- In the rare circumstance that the club has not been able to allocate a player to a team by the conclusion of grading games, a full refund of all fees will be provided and no administration fee will be deducted from the refund. The parent may elect to roll over the fees to the following season.
- Where a player decides not to play after already registering:
- If the withdrawal is made after team selection but prior to publishing team lists, the registration fee paid will be refunded less a $10 administration fee.
- If the withdrawal occurs after publishing team lists but prior to half way through the season then 50% of the registration fee paid will be refunded less a $10 administration fee.
- Where a player is injured to the point where they are not able to finish the season, the following refunds are available:
- If grading games are completed, but prior to half of the season elapsing, the registration fee paid less $60 is refunded.
- If more than half of the season has elapsed, the registration fee paid less $100 is refunded.