Payment is due at the time of registration form. Fees comprise the following:
- Registration Fee – included in the payment of Team Registration fees to MEBA. This fee contributes to the administration costs of the Association and covers the Basketball Victoria costs including player injury insurance
- Team Sheet fees – provided to the Team Manager for payment each week. This fee covers venue costs, including power and cleaning, and payment of referees
There is also a small stadium entry cost paid by each individual (player or spectator) that is paid on entry each week and is not included in the fees.
Incomplete season guidelines:
- Where the player joins a team after the beginning of the season the following applies to the registration fee:
- If grading games are completed, the registration fee is reduced to 60% of the standard rate
- If more than half of the season has elapsed, the registration fee is reduced to 40% of the standard rate
- In the rare circumstance that the club has not been able to allocate a player to a team by the conclusion of grading games, a full refund of all fees will be provided. The parent may elect to roll over the fees to the following season
- Where a player decides not to play after already registering:
- If the withdrawal is made after team selection but prior to publishing team lists, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded.
- If the withdrawal occurs after publishing team lists but prior to half way through the season then 50% of the registration fee will be refunded.
- Where a player is injured to the point where they are not able to finish the season, the following refunds are available:
- If grading games are completed, 60 % of the registration fee is refunded
- If more than half of the season has elapsed, 40% of the registration fee is refunded