Rhonda Jenkin Scholarship
The scholarship objective is to recognise the ideals set forth by the inaugural team/coaches/players and the values that Rhonda continued to build over her long tenure as a working committee member and president.
Rhonda’s vision brought kids together who wanted to have fun with their friends from school, children committed to playing and supporting each other whilst developing technical skills, sportsmanship and working as a team.
The scholarship will support the players who are recognised as embodying these principles and who will continue to support the club culture as Rhonda envisaged.
- Committed to their team and teammates, attending training and competition regularly
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship, support their teammates, and encourage growth and skill development
- Retain a sense of fun and friendship throughout their involvement with the club
The details of the scholarship program are as stated below:
- A maximum of 3 scholarships are awarded per season.
- Each scholarship recipient receives a trophy and a certificate
- The candidates will be nominated by coaches or committee members at the end of each season and before the presentation night.
- Nominations must be for players in the U10 to U16 age groups
- Nominees must be registered for the following season.
- A recipient can only be awarded a scholarship once.
- The team selection committee will select the recipients from the nominated candidates.
- Committee members must abstain completely from award selection if they are related to any nominee(s)
- The scholarship value of the season basketball registration will be refunded to the recipient/s.
- The scholarships should be open to all registered Huntingtower Heat players. This is irrespective of whether they have a direct affiliation with a committee member, coach or other Heat volunteer.